How to get loans for Caribbean medical schools

Getting a loan for Caribbean medical school can be very difficult. As a medical student I know how hard it is to get a loan. I went to American Global School of medicine in Belize. In the beginning I thought the process of getting loans for the school would be just like getting loans for an American school. I even called up so many loan companies to get loan, but most of them put me down by saying they don't offer loans for Caribbean medical schools. Almost all of them will say that since the schools are not part of American Educational Board they cannot offer loans. This really got me worried since paying for school wasn't something I was used to since I always received full scholarship when I did my undergraduate in Florida.

Most of the Caribbean school per semester charges around $5000 to $20,000 depending on the school that you are interested in. The school I went to wanted around $8,100 per semester. For the basic sciences my dad paid from his pocket but during my clinical clerkship I decided to do something different to pay for the school. In this blog I will post all the possible ways that you can get loans for the Caribbean medical schools.