Loan For Caribbean Medical School Through Kaplan University

Many of you are asking me about which University is good to get loan for Caribbean medical school. Kaplan University offers online Master's program that you can attend if you completed your Bachelors, while you are completing your Doctor of Medicine (MD). They have various online Masters program to choose from. Now, let's say you have your Bachelors degree in Biology, don't go and apply for Master's in Biology from Kaplan University. Remember, you want to pick a easy course so that you can focus on your medical school. Doing Master's in biology will be tough.

I usually suggest everyone to take Master's in Health Administration. I personally took that one and it wasn't too much work at all. Normally, I take one class per semester. They usually have Winter Semester, Spring Semester and Summer Semester. You can actually get loans worth of $35,000 for the total of three semesters, which I think is pretty decent to pay for any Caribbean medical schools. Normally, per semester for the Master's you get around $12,000 worth of loan and Kaplan University per semester will take $2000 from that amount and the rest $10,000 is for your personal expense. I don't really have that much personal expense so I end up using that money to pay for my medical school's semester. 

Now, if you don't have a Bachelor's degree then you are kind of out of luck. You will be able to apply for Bachelor's program, it's just that you wouldn't have enough left after paying for the Bachelor's degree to pay for the Medical school. So, I don't suggest this to anyone who doesn't have a Bachelor's degree already. Also, when you call the Kaplan University to apply, please don't tell them that you are from a Caribbean medical school. I don't think it will matter but just for the sake of it, don't mention it. When you apply make sure you choose the Online Master's Program. Once you get accepted, you can apply for FAFSA and other federal loans. 

Application process is pretty simple too. All you need is a transcript saying that you completed your Bachelor's degree and a standard exam score. Now, if you have a good GPA sometimes they don't require any standard exams. When I say standard exams, I mean exams like PCAT, MCAT, GRE or any other exams, it doesn't matter what you got on the exams or what program you want to apply for. As long as you just took any standard exam you are good to go. 

Good luck with the application process. If you have any questions feel free to ask me on the comment section.